2001 Crestline Sliding Window Latch

A home owner from VA for a Window in MN says:
Crestline via Menards doesn't have or carriy window hardware for widows that are older than 10 years old--or so I'm led to believe.

I need to replace a left sliding lower window locking mechanism. The mechansim is mostly housed in the vertical casing with the actual cam-like lock/unlock lever on the outside of the vertical casing.

It appears Crestline still uses this type of locking mechanism, but when I tell them that the window was installed in 2001, their customer service folks immediately become uninterested in exploring this possibility.

The picture provided is the best I can provide. I live in Virginia, and the window needing the part is in a house I'm selling in Minnesota--perhaps you can help or suggest an alternative latch that will serve the same purpose.

Thank you
Jim R
User submitted a photo of window hardware.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Take a look at our 90-294 lock. I can only see the lever part of your lock, but that lever matches the one for the 90-294. You should remove your lock entirely from the window so that you can confirm, though.
A quick learner from VA says:
Dave--looks promising. I'll purchase one and see if it works. Unfortunately, I live in VA and the window is in MN. I have an individual who is going to try to fix the latch for me--thanks again.

~Jim in VA
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)