21 1/2" Channel Balance

A home owner from USA says:
I have a two 30 year old single hung non tilt windows ( bottom moves up and down and the top is fixed ) and want to replace the sash balance channels on both. The channels by them self measure 21-1/2" long ( without the plastic pieces ) and are stamped 2120 R. The channels are also 5/8" in depth and 9/16" wide. I have pictures that show what is left of the plastic tops and shoe. I also show pictures of the side of the window frame. I hope you can see whats left of the shoe and figure out what will work the best. I also was wondering if you have the black plastic pieces that screw into the top of the window frame, I would like to replace those also on both windows.

I need assistance with identifying the top sash guides as well.

I need 4 channel balances and 4 top sash guides.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.png
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. Can you triple-check the length of the metal channel for us, just to be safe? Having one that is X-1/2" long is pretty unusual, though not unheard of. If it is indeed 21-1/2" long, we can have these balances custom built for you. As far as the type, or Series, or balance you have, it looks like you might have either a Series 351 or Series 390 Channel Balance. The only difference between these two balances is the depth, or 'heel-to-toe' measurement, of the bottom nylon shoe, so compare both with your old hardware to see what matches best. 

As far as your Top Sash Guide goes, is there an undamaged version you can show us? If so, can you show it to us out of the window, with mugshot pictures of the 'front' and 'side'? From there, we'll do our best to narrow down what you need. Many thanks. 

A home owner from USA says:
Double checked length of channel between 21-7/16" and 21-1/2".
Top sash guide is 2" long 5/8" wide x 1/2" tall.
The top of the guide ( rectangle 7/8" x 9/16".
The window frame with no shoe or top guide is 23" long.
I also need two locking latches. ( pics included )
I also noticed 3 of 4 take out clips are missing. ( need 4 )
Went to a neighbor's and pulled their window out and now have pictures of the shoes !
Hope this all helps
thanks mike
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5762.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5766.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5771.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5772.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5778.JPG
Profile picture of Bob

Thanks for the reply. For your Pacific windows, the take out clip should be our 16-002. Your old Top Sash Guides are no longer made, but people have used our 18-009 as a replacement. Please compare your window sash lock to our 90-173. Compare the distance between the center of the mounting holes and the back of the lock edge. 

As far as the channel balance, it will have to be custom made due to the unique length. I am getting a quote for (4) of these balances and will get back to you as soon as possible. 

Profile picture of Bob

OK, the quote is ready. I am sending you an email with a custom link to order (4) of these balances. Let me know if you have any other questions. Many thanks. 

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)