28-1/2" spiral tube length

A home owner from Ohio says:
My tube diamenter is 3/8" and the tube length is 28-1/2" long, excluding the green tip. The internal spiral length is 29-3/8" long, top to bottom. What item should I specify? Also, what tool do I need to install?

Thanks
A customer submitted photo of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
We could make a 28" x 3/8" spiral tilt balance with a 29-7/8" internal spiral for you.
Let us know if that could work for you.
SWISCO product code 75-006 is the needed charging tool.
I really don't know it that would work or not. The balance would be 1/2" shorter and the internal spiral would be 1/2" longer that the original ones. I'm afraid I am going to ask you the same question.
Profile picture of Paul
Sorry, but this is the only option I can come up with. I've researched several other ideas and this seems to be it.

Unfortunately, I can't be certain whether this will work with your application. I wish I had something more helpful to give you at this time.
Paul,
You suggested I consider a 28" x 3/8" spiral tilt balance with a 29-7/8" internal spiral, green tip?

How does this differ from the standard 28" balance?

Thanks
Profile picture of Paul
The 28" Series 900 has a spiral that is 28 1/2".
Would you see any problem if I simply lowered the balance (move the attching screw down) about one inch and used the standard 28" balance?
Profile picture of Paul
I don't see any problem with that at all. That is a very good suggestion.
Thanks for your help Paul, I will give it a try.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.