29 " Shaft/Tube and 3/8 Inch diameter--What part number will have this clip?

A handy person from arizona says:
29" Shaft/Tube, 3/8" Dia--Plese let me know what part number I should order to match the clip as shown.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PIC 1--11.22.19.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Pic 2 11.22.19.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Pic 4 11.22.19.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Pic 6 11.22.19.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I believe we can help with this balance, but it will have to be a special order  due to its configuration. Before we go any further, can you tell me the weight of the sash and how many of these balances you need? 

Profile picture of Tom

Hello again! After looking into this some more, we will also need to know the length of the internal spiral rod. Since your tube is 29" long, the rod should be either 30" or 31". Let me know!

A handy person from arizona says:
Tom the rod is measuring 31.5" however I can only measure from the end of the tube to the end of the spiral rod. The spiral rod does not go to the end of the rod but I can only guess the spiral rod is around 31" long, but to be clear. That is measured from end of tube to middle of hole on the spiral rod.

As for how many I'll need. I will order Qty 2 to ensure I'm capable of installing without any issues. Once I complete successfully. I will need an additional 34 pieces. If there are additional tools needed for the installation of the balance please ensure you let me know. I'll order the tool at the same time.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Balance #1.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named balance #2.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

Hey, I just wanted to let you know that we're still looking into this. We hit a bit of a wall in regards to the style of that shoe, but we're doing our best to find a work around. I'll let you know ASAP.

Profile picture of Tom

I'm afraid we couldn't find an exact match for the hook at the end of your spiral. I've been informed by the manufacturer that it has been discontinued and is no longer made.

The best option we currently have, then, is our S306-29. This may work for you, but I cannot make any guarantees, unfortunately. The clip at the end of this balance is a little different, but similar enough to make me think you may be able to get it to work. 

I'm sorry we cannot give a more confident recommendation. I really tried to find that hook of yours, but nobody seems to have it anymore.

A home owner from Houston, TX says:

Good morning.

I have what I think is a SWISCO Series 306 29", 3/8" Spiral Balance for non-tilt window with a 31"rod. It has a shoe or clip much like the one pictured in 11/22/2019 from AZ handy person. Tip color is missing, but I've removed another balance of same length and it is red.

Would you reply with cost, delivery time?

Thank you.

Bob

Profile picture of Tom

Sure thing, Bob, we can definitely do this. Can you just tell me how many you need? Quantity very well may affect price so we like to get that ahead of time.

Also, just so we're all clear, we'll be using the Series 300 spiral balance as the base, not the Series 306. There's not really a difference to you, it's just something we do to keep our inventory in order. I just don't want you to be surprised when you see Series 300 on the order link instead of Series 306.

A home owner from Houston, TX says:
Thanks for reply. My initial requirement is 4 balances.
Profile picture of Tom

You got it! I'll shoot that over now.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)