39-375 folding handle

A home owner from Ny says:
Would this work as a replacement for an Andersen Classic Series Operator for casement windows? I need something that is low profile to work better with window blinds
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Unfortunately, the 39-375 is not compatible with Andersen brand parts. You can only use Andersen parts on Andersen windows, so this Truth part won't work on your application.

To my knowledge, Andersen doesn't make a cover/handle kit that nests quite like the 39-375. The best option I can offer you is the 39-301 handle. While it's no the same design, it does fold and will hopefully be a suitable alternative. We also sell the 39-152 cover, if you need it, though if the original is in good condition then you can just reuse that.

Last thing to note is that no matter how far down your handle folds, there is a good chance that won't fold down enough to clear the blinds. I've never seen a handle that can do that. Regardless of how low it sits, the issue is that the spline of the operator (the metal stem that the handle fits over) always sticks out by a certain degree and it cannot be reduced in any way. Odds are you have to pack out the blinds to clear the operator, not the other way around. Just something to keep in mind.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.