Will 40-198 work on an Andersen 2000 storm door?

A quick learner from Randle, WA says:
Is this the correct latch for Andersen 2000 series storm door? Thx
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

The 40-198 is used in many, many different storm doors. It's not made for any one specific door. However I don't believe it's compatible with Andersen brand hardware, so just based on the information provided I don't think it's what you want.

I'm just guessing, though. In order to confirm, I need photos of your original hardware removed from the door. I will also require detailed written dimensions. We need a solid reference with which to work. I can then either tell you if our 40-198 is a good pick or, if not, whether we sell anything that is.

A quick learner from Randle, WA says:
All the dimensions shown with 40 198 are the same, except the hole for the keyed dead bolt assembly. As you can see it is key shaped. Thx
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220823_144653.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220823_144619.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for confirming. Have you seen our 40-194 yet? This has a very similar design to our 49-198 except it has that key-shaped hole for the lock. The only other difference, which may or may not be significant, is that it has a backset of 7/8" instead of 13/16". You should double check that to ensure that this wouldn't be a better match.

Alternate image for 40-194
Alternate image for 40-194
Alternate view of 40-194
Alternate view of 40-194

How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.