6" link arm for Sash Dyad Crank

A home owner from Clarence, NY says:
I recently purchased a 39-188 Sash Dyad Crank arm. It does not properly fit my window. The crank arm I have is exactly the same with one difference. The attaching arm with hole in it on mine is about 6 inches. The one I bought from you is only 5 inches. Everything is exactly the same. Do you have this available. The window I am sure will not close all the way due to the shortness of the arm.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
We have tried to find this type operator with different length link arms, but were always unsuccessful. My belief is that these operators are not as popular as they once were and so are not made. Is it possible for you to move over the bracket on your sash? Another solution would be to swap arms from your original operator onto the new operator using the 62-014 rivet.
A quick learner from Clarence, NY says:
The original 6 inch arm is badly rusted and the pin broke off that secures to the glass frame. I replaced the pin bracket. I tried to move it over. No go. Swapping arms is an idea but the rivet is inexpensive which is fine but my guess is the shipping would be crazy for that small part. That assumes I can clean up the old part and drill out the pin. How much would that pin be shipped to me? I have considered cutting a piece out of the old bracket, cutting the new one and lengthening it. I know how to mig weld, so that may be my only good solution.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Yes, those appear to be the only options available. I'm sorry we can't find anything closer. As for the shipping, I'm not sure what it is off the top of my head but all shipping is calculated automatically during checkout, but before the order is finalized in case you wish to make any changes.
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.