Need a folding crank handle with a 7/16" bore

A home owner from Casper, WY says:
Need a folding crank handle 7/16" bore

Our house is old--only one of the Caradco windows has this odd sized bore, it has 2 tilt out sections, one above the other. The handle we have is gouging out the surface of the new laminate backsplash that was just installed. All assumed a folding handle was available.

Any suggestions for adaptations or something unusual to use for this purpose?

Could we replace the works without replacing or taking the window out? Would the parts you have now fit with the ones in this old window?

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! The 39-195 Tee Crank Handle appears to be the only handle we have at this time with a 7/16" bore. Judging by your description of the problem, I think a tee handle would work well at avoiding gouging into your backsplash, though I can't be entirely sure. Do you think this would work? If not, you can upload a few pictures of your current set up, and how your current handle operates, and we can work from there. Please let me know!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)