90-257 keeper with 5/8" hole centers

A home owner from Nebo, NC says:
I have a broken "keeper" on one of our home windows. The lock has a "Pella" label on it, however, I could not find the matching "keeper" at Pella's site. Your "keeper" # 90-257, looks exactly like the one I need, except for the mounting holes at the bottom. Mine measure 5/8" center to center, while yours are listed 7/16" center to center. Everything else measures the same. I could drill a matching mounting hole in my window so that "keeper" # 90-257 would work, or drill another hole at the bottom of "keeper" #90-257 that would be 5/8" center to center. Your thoughts??....Thanks!
Edgar B.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Good morning, Edgar.

I just went back in stock and double checked the measurement for the 90-257 (just in case) and it is definitely 7/16".

Now, you mentioned that this is for a Pella window. The 90-257 has never been used to replace a Pella keeper before. I do not believe that the 90-257 is the keeper you need. I would be afraid that tongue of your Pella keeper would not work nicely with the lip of the 90-257 keeper.

Can you take a picture of both your existing Pella lock and keeper and submit them here for me to look at? I would like to see what you have before I recommend anything.
A home owner from Nebo, NC says:
These are the pictures of the Pella lock and the keeper in question. The keeper on the window is the top of the one not broken. Then there are two pics of the broken keeper (together and apart) Please let me know if these pics went through, for I am still learning this process...Thanks...Edgar
user submitted photo of window lock and keeper
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for submitting your images, Edgar.

We are in the process of acquiring a genuine Pella replacement lock and keeper. It will take approximately three to four weeks to get the product online. Additionally, the new lock and keeper will be more expensive than the 90-257, since it is genuine Pella hardware. With that being said, you may want to consider giving the 90-257 keeper a try first.

We will post an update on the discussion board as soon as the product is available and online for you to view.
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
The genuine Pella lock and keeper replacement assembly is now available.
See SWISCO product code 90-266, Pella Vinyl DH Lock And Keeper.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)