A different size weather stripping

A quick learner from Buckeye, AZ says:
I recently purchased your sliding window rollers #87-162 and felt weather stipping # 58002. I chose that size felt stripping only because the the bottom of the roller page suggested to use that item number felt stipping. Since this is my 35 year old rental house, I was not able to get the exact dimensions before ordering. When I installed the 3/16" x 3/16" stip, it seemend loose and would not stay in very well. The channel in the window seemed to measure more to 1/4 inch wide. The only strip you show on line that is 1/4"w is a self stick kind and a comment I had read said that the paper covering the sticky side may come off if one tried to slide it into the groove. The next size I saw was your #58004, 9/32"w x 1/8"h. It is 1/32" over 1/4" so do you think it will flex enough in the slot to slide in the channel? I am thinking it would hold tighter too. What do you think?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
It is hard to say, however all of the weatherstripping we have is used by manufactures in the window industry. So while someone may need the 87-162 roller and the 58-002 weatherstripping for their windows it does not mean the same combination of parts will definitely work for your window. The 58-004 may work, but again it is hard to say because I am not positive the 1/32" will be a problem or not and we currently do not carry a wool-pile with a 1/4" base.
How to Cut Out Pile Weatherstripping
How to Cut Out Pile Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace wool pile weatherstripping
How to replace wool pile weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.