A higher 58-162

A home owner from Mount Prospect, IL says:
I ordered the 58-162 replacement sweep for my storm door. It fit perfectly in the track but the 1/16" difference between the replacement and the original leaves a noticeable gap that allows air and bugs to pass under the sweep -- really wish it was a little higher.
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting feedback on the 58-162 Bottom Sweep.

Unfortunately we don't have a higher version of the 58-162, but there are a couple other sweeps you may want to look at. For example, the 40-003, 40-004 and 40-005 door sweeps.

You may find these sweeps give you more flexibility when it comes to height, and could possibly make up for that gap where you're experiencing air flow.
A home owner from Mount Prospect, IL says:
Mike,

Thanks for the additional information. I looked at these, but waasn't sure if the vinyl strip could be removed so I could insert it into my door. Also, couldn't tell dimensions of just the vinyl strip -- do you have these dimensions? Once I have this information, I will know which one will work.

Again, thanks for your assistance.

Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
Of course! It's my pleasure.

Now, the vinyl insert for these sweeps are not removable, but are adjustable, so the height of the vinyl itself isn't an issue.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 4-7 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at 856-317-6263 or at help@swisco.com.