ACAN window won't stay open

A home owner from Buffalo, NY says:
Several of our windows will not stay open. We want to order the part(s) for one of them to see how it works and if okay, we will order parts for the other windows.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Resized_20200601_103048.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

It looks like you need new pivot shoes. I can't tell what you have from these photos, though. Can you show me an undamaged version? Seeing it removed from the window ahead of time would be a huge help. Thank you!

I don't have an undamaged version to show you. In the two windows I am focusing on now, the bottom will stay up if you hold the top window, but if you don't hold the top window, the top window falls right down. I see a piece of plastic that looks like it broke off something. I watched a couple of videos but am unable to take anything apart to show you. Sorry. Our handy man said he could fix them if we got the parts. He suggested we contact you and ask what parts are needed and then order then. Here are some more pictures.Thanks.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2393.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2394.JPG
Profile picture of Tom

I know exactly what's broken. Your pivot shoe needs to be replaced, as evidenced by your first photo. The bad news is that there are dozens and dozens of different possible replacements and I don't know what to recommend based on the given information. There are a lot of details to consider, especially style and size. 

You can look through our complete selection of pivot shoes here for now. I'm afraid that this is the only thing I can do without more of a reference to work off of. At the end of the day, though, you will need to remove one of the originals and compare the size in order to confirm the best match. There's no getting around that. I'll also link some of our tutorial videos that may be helpful to you.

I have removed the pivot shoe from one window and it is in pieces. I'm not sure exactly how it goes back together and although I've looked at the different parts available I don't see any one that seems to match. Also I'm not sure if you measure the thickness in the center (where it is smaller) or at each end where it is a 1/16" wider. Can you determine which shoe I need? I am attaching pictures. Thanks for your help!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2487.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2485.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2489.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2394.JPG
just following up on my question from September 5, 2020.
Thanks.
Profile picture of Tom

Thank you for your patience during this busy season. You generally want the overall thickness, since the goal is to see what will fit in your track. In your case, that seems to be 9/16".

With that in mind, you may want to consider our 15-121. I cannot guarantee that this will work, but I do think it's the best option we have in our inventory.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.