Acorn A-Therm window no longer slides, not sure why

A handy person from east lyme, CT says:

I have an Acorn A-Therm Series 2500 window that I cannot slide. It is the center pane in a 3 pane window. It is not "locked". I cannot figure it out. Can you give me some help or recommend someone in Connecticut that I can contact?

Thanks,

Justin

Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hi Justin. This could be a number of issues. One of my colleagues has horizontal sliding windows and they frequently get stuck all the time. Anything or everything can potentially interfere with their operation. The rollers could be damaged; the track could be damaged or obstructed by debris. There could be rust, or the entire system may need to be lubricated. Sometimes these windows even get painted shut! Check the track and rollers and see if cleaning or replacement could help, then get back to us. 

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.