Aluminum double hung window tilt-in window latch

A quick learner from Missouri says:
All of my windows are aluminum thermal break double hung. I have one tilt-in latch that is broken. How do I can access to the latch in order to replace it?
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
It sounds like you may have an internal or corner-mounted latch, where the latch sits inside the window sash. Depending if the latch is internal or corner-mounted, you will have to access the latch differently. Can you send us a photo of your set-up so we can start to figure out how to access your part?
A quick learner from MO says:
As you can see, the latch is white nylon, along with a black, front facing sliding release button. Thanks for your advice!
Aluminum double hung window tilt-in window latch
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Check out the media guide below, this may help. As you see in the diagram, you will need to unscrew the side of the sash and remove it and unhook the finger lever to release the old latch. We pulled up possible replacement parts for your sash on the right side of this page, as well. Once you have it out, compare what you have to our hardware to confirm the best match.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)