Andersen double hung winfow

A quick learner from New Jersey says:
Hello,
This is a Series 200 window. When I tried to open the lower sash I heard a crackling noise and the lower sash now has a cord stuck inside and I can not lower it and close the window. I had to remove the end of the cord attached to the sash frame in order to be able to lower the sash all the way down and close it
Any suggestions how to deal with the stuck cord?
Thank you
Mac
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out to us, Mac. That cord sounds like it's part of the balance. I'm not sure exactly what type you have, however I will share with you a tutorial video we have on a common type of balance for Andersen windows. Look it over and see if it's of any help.

If this is the type of balance you have then I can help you ID it. Please remove it from the frame and show me a clear picture of every stamp printed on the box. I can then check our inventory for a match.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.