Andersen Window Sash Spring Balancer

Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. We can help you replace your Andersen Sash Balance, but I'm afraid the only way to do this is to see the balance box removed from the window, with pictures of all stamps on the box. One of these stamps should identify the replacement. See the video below for removal and replacement instructions of the Andersen Sash Balance. This process is a bit of a hassle, but it is the only reliable way to identify the balance you need. Many thanks. 

A home owner from Stone Ridge, NY says:
I'm looking for a window sash spring balancer
On the frame it says 83 D
The frame is 5 1/8" wide
A home owner from Stone Ridge, NY says:
Thank you for answering. I really have no way at the time to get to the balancer. I ordered two balancers and have to take my chances when I finally can get someone to actually do the job.
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Understood. Replacing these type of balances is definitely a bit tricky, but without the stamp codes there's unfortunately know way for us to say whether you have the right substitute balances. If you need help from us at any point, just let us know. Best of luck in your repairs. 

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.