Anderson Window replacement parts part

A home owner from Beverly, MA says:

Window rail and shoe in need of replacement. Home was built in the late 80s. Looks to me like the metal rail and the shoe (black part attached to window) needs replacing for this Anderson Window casement window.

As you can see from the pictures the rail is bent as well as the black shoe that slides within the rail. Would you have this part(s)?

Thank you very much.


User submitted photos of casement window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Good afternoon, and thank you for posting. It sounds like you're looking for a replacement casement hinge. Unfortunately, we do not have an exact replacement for the Andersen brand casement window hinge.

That said, take a look at our 36-013-10. While not Andersen, many contractors have used this as a substitute and reported success. Do you think you can use this?
A contractor from Florida says:
What are you calling the black "pivot" part pictured above that fastens to the bottom of the window frame. Part is shown most clearly in image #4. Do you have these available?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
That part is usually called a slider, but it is not available by itself. The only other recourse is to replace the hinge.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)