Anlin window balance with G H stamp

A quick learner from San Diego says:
I bought a 12 for these windows but it is to thick and broke the slide stops. I'm trying to find what part will fit in this slide. It has a G and H stamped on the front. Thanks Dan
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hey, Dan. I see you bought our S140-12 to replace your old hardware. I'm sorry to hear it didn't work.

In order to ID the right match, can you remove your balance system from the window and show me a clear photo of it by itself? I especially want to see the pivot shoe. I will also need to know the exact width and thickness of the pivot shoe and the thickness of the spring, since you said that size was an issue.

Sorry I have not got back sooner here is the info requested.

The pivot shoe is just over 1/2" thick and 1 1/4" wide.

The spring is 7/8" thick

Attached are the detailed pics the front also has a 3 stamped next to the G H.

Thank you for the help

Dan

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named AE8AB30E-9F78-4185-A955-5590C9BD5A25.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom

Thanks! This is a huge help. Based on these photos, it looks like you have a 15-177 pivot shoe and Series 152 coil spring. I am confident that these will work for you. You can reuse your old cover, too.

The stamp on your old spring, 3, indicates to me a strength of 3 pounds. You can confirm this by weighing your sash. If it's 12 pounds, then you want the S152-3.

Thank you. My plastic is cracking do you sell this as a complete system? With the shoe weights and cover all in one piece? Or do I need to individually buy the parts?
Thanks
Dan
Profile picture of Tom

These components are only sold separately, unfortunately. If you do need new covers then you can use the type we supply for this size. That would be the 15-143 bushing, 15-144 bushing cap, and 15-145 drum. These just snap together over the spring like a sandwich.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)