Are the 84-001 and 84-074 interchangeable

A quick learner from ont. canada says:
can you use 84074 in stead of the part 84001 when you tighten the adjustment screw it goes crooked and doesn't what to adjust the door
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I suppose it could be done, but I've never tried it so I'm not sure what it would take. Personally, I would stick with the 84-001. If the original builders used this, then there is probably a reason for it.
A professional from California says:
They might get better results with a new set of roller adjuster parts. 84-512
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)