Awning crank out

A distributor from Minnesota Lake, MN says:
I have a customer that has a Marvin awning window and needs a new crank out for it. They're missing the snap clips to hold the arms on the window. The arms pop off after you crank the window open and try to crank it shut. The window is from 1997 and the hardware says Truth Entry Guard with a number of 40759 on it. The arms around 8" long I'm told. Need to get to the bottom of what will work for them. Thank you!
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hello!

I see that the number "40759" is associated with our 39-348 operator and 36-078 shoe stud but I can't be sure that this is what you need. You'll need to compare our pictures and dimensions to the original hardware to confirm that everything matches up. 

A distributor from Minnesota Lake, MN says:
Hello!
Yes this is very similar to what I need it's just that the arms on my window are straight at the crank out. They're not bent like the picture. Not sure if that is going to matter or not? Also not sure how long arms are on the 39-348? Not seeing the arm specs anywhere? I need them to be about 8" long for my customer's window. Hopefully that sheds a little light on what I'm looking for.
Thank you and hope you have a great weekend!
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

That depends on what you mean by bent. The arms on the 39-348 aren't offset, if that's what you mean, but they do have "elbows" of a sort as they come out of the base. Most operators like this do.

As for arm size, ours measure 24" from the center of the hole on one arm to the center of the hole on the other. Think of it like the wingspan. We find that to be the most accurate way to measure this sort of thing.

If you are still unsure if this is the part you want, please show us photos of yours out of the window so that we have a better idea of what you're dealing with.

Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.