Awning handle snapped off - what kind of replacement part do we need?

A home owner from Lemont, Illinois says:
Hello, I'm so glad to have found your website! I hope you will be able to help me identify what is needed to repair our awning window. The pictures may not show it clearly but one side of the handle literally snapped off - hard to believe given that it is metal. The only identifying mark we could find on the window was on the handle. There was a super-tiny stamp that said "Shaw". From your helpful videos, I assume we will need to replace the entire cranking mechanism. Can you please advise on what part we need?
Thank you very much!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named F4A5F158-7289-4C8E-90DA-70219B9551DE_1_105_c.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 30D12F5D-69ED-4855-93A2-FBF5F0386A3B_1_105_c.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 1137B50F-3C8A-45FC-AA13-A323B3CD9470_1_105_c.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named FA848539-5EFF-4DB3-903A-F784BA9B4B77_1_105_c.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named BDCB4F7C-8DB9-4A34-A529-8C2ABD60EB3C_1_105_c.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for your patience during this busy season. Now, this awning operator looks something like our 39-140, or perhaps our 39-083 or 39-143; it depends on the 'wingspan' of the link arms, so compare all three to your old mechanism to see what matches best. If the gear the crank handle was attached to has worn down or is coming out at all, then yes, the entire operator should be replaced. The video below shows how to replace this operator type. For a new handle and cover, see either our 39-205 and 39-107, or the 39-107FK kit. 

A home owner from Lemont, Illinois says:
Sorry for the delay in responding. I somehow didn't see the notice that you replied. Thank you so much for your thorough explanation and very helpful videos! We will be ordering your 39-140 as it does look like that will be the best fit. Again thank you SO much for solving our problem!
How to Replace an Awning Operator
How to Replace an Awning Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace an Awning window operator
How to replace an Awning window operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.