BF Rich Garden Window

A home owner from Vienna, VA says:

We purchased the window in 2005. The right side window does not open. The window installer came last week. He said the crank is fine, but the inside mechanism that needs to be replaced no longer available.

Any chance your company might sell the part?

Do you sell the plastic cover that slips over the crank? If the window cannot be repaired, I'd still like to replace the cracked and glued cover.

Thank you!

Natalie 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4574.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4573.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi, Natalie. We can help but we'll need to see some photos of your operator uninstalled to compare to our inventory. 

Attached is a photo with the cover & crank removed. Thank you.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4648.jpg
Profile picture of Emily

I'm afraid I'll need to see your entire operator uninstalled so that I can see the arms that move the window sash. 

Take a look at the video below, you might find it helpful. 

Unfortunately, we have two issues preventing us from seeing the entire operator.
1. It broke in the "locked" position which is within the mechanism. We cannot open the window.
2. Our casement window does not have removable trim to access the operator screws and we're afraid any attempt by us to remove the sill will be too risky.

I think this window will have to remain inoperable. Do you sell the white plastic operator cover? At least replacing the cracked/glued one will help with the appearance.

Thank you!
Profile picture of Emily

For a cover, please see our 39-107

We suggest contacting a local professional to see if they'll be able to help. The lock may need to be cut off the frame for it to be operational again. This is a very difficult project so we highly recommend having someone do it for you. 

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 4-7 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at 856-317-6263 or at help@swisco.com.