Balance Removal

A home owner from Central Florida says:
Hello. My window barely moves up, and will come down hard without me manually bringing it down. The balance is stuck at the top. While watching your videos, I saw that you used a screw driver to push the balance back down to put it back where it belongs. I am running into an issue where I cannot push the balance back in place; it appears to be jammed. Any suggestions on how to un-jam the balance so I can start the process to fix the window? I took pictures of the other side of the window for reference, which you can see is also broken.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210501_101339.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210501_101054.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210501_101047.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210501_101037.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm afraid there's no trick to unjamming the balance when it gets stuck at the top like that. You just have to try your best to bring it down under the take out clip. These are under a lot of tension, sometimes over 30 pounds, so it will take some elbow grease.

Getting the balance down is only half of it, though. You need new top sash guides. The video below will explain what I mean. You can also see our complete selection of top sash guides here.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.