Balance Repairs in Progress

A quick learner from Carolinas says:
Looking to replace left and right balances to ensure equal support on both sides: 3340-BSI-MJ engraved in rod. For a 34-inch long balance that measures 5/8-inches deep.

Exposed part of top plastic bracket measures 5/8-inches high.

Bottom bracket's boot measures 1-5/16 in widest direction and 1-1/16 deep. Note how bottom has an L-shaped lip that seats into the window's approximate channel.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
This looks like a standard balance but with a special 15-174 shoe attached at the bottom. The top seems to match the more common 19-005. Look these pieces over and let me know if you agree. If so, I can custom make a 34" long channel balance with the 19-005 and 15-174 attached. I would also go with the 3340 option, of course. If this sounds good to you, just let me know how many you need and I will email you a custom balance order form and price quote.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 4-7 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at 856-317-6263 or at help@swisco.com.