Balance identification

A home owner from USA says:
I'm searching for this window balance with this number and letters imprinted on the channel
( 16HD ) length of 17" X 9/16 wide. With this type of connection on it.
User submitted a photo of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for contacting us. I'm afraid your shoe is no longer available, but if it isn't broken you could possibly remove it from your old broken balance and use it on a new S750-17 balance. I'd also recommend a 16HD stamp, of course.

The easiest way to swap this shoe out is to lock the old balance in a table vise, pull the shoe out to expose the cord, and then lock the cord with vise grips so that you can remove it without having the cord snap back on you. This can be kind of tricky, and if not done properly you could even hurt yourself due to the tension, so if you're not comfortable with this kind of project you may want the help of a handy man.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)