Balance identification

A quick learner from USA says:
Balance identification
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
It's hard to be sure, but I think you have something like our Series 850 balance. Look it over and see what you think.

If so, keep in mind that the Series 850 we sell attaches to the top of the jamb track with a screw-on clip, not a plastic hook like what you show in your second picture. Yours is an old variety they don't make anymore. Never, fear, though, we have a solution. You can get our 26-200 screw plug and stick it in the hole where that old plastic hook installs. It should fit right in. From there, you can screw in the newer style Series 850 with something like our 33-090 screw.
A handy person from Clayton NC says:

How do I make sure to order the correct size balance ?

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
You will need to measure it top to bottom. You can see how we measure it by looking at this Series 850 page on our site.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)