Balance spring locking slide lock for tilting windows.

A home owner from Columbia, MO says:
I recently went through the process of trying to find the correct sash balance for my CareFree windows, which are no longer made and the company went out of business. It turns out that everything was correct about the part as far as length and general kind, but the foot on the sash balance is completely different (it is a circle with a hole in it to screw the balance directly in to the sash channel)and the tie bar guide is more of a T shape that slides up in to the balance and hooks on the the little cross bar. I have attached pictures of the broken piece, front and back, as well as how it attaches to the sash balance in my window. Can you help me find this little piece? Please?? It's called a balance spring locking slide lock and has a patent number of 4610108.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting. Now that I can see pictures of your part, I think you should consider our S795-28 channel balance with a 28B stamp. Check it out and see what you think.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)