Best way to remove fixed patio door panel

A quick learner from Tucson, Arizona says:
I need to remove the fixed panel and wanted to know the best approach for removing the plate from the bottom track? Do I just pop it out with a screwdriver? Is is better lifting from the side facing outward or coming from the inside? Also, once that is out and I remove the clip from the top of the panel am I ready to remove it? Are there any other holding pieces I should be aware of? BTW, I have the SGD-R20 Series 4671 Slider
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

I'm afraid your series #4671 stationary door is part of the main door frame and in most circumstances is not removable. If you can, please send some photos and I can confirm if that is indeed the case for you. 

We had the slider glass repaired back in 2008. He must have removed from the outside because the internal lip is very high and will not let the door pull out from the inside.
User submitted photo of their door hardware.
Profile picture of Paul

Ah, I'm glad you sent these photos. Looking at them, this is indeed an exception, and the stationary door should be removable to the outside. First, look on the inside of the stationary door for any clips attaching it to the wall jamb. Then, remove the stationary bracket on the exposed end at the outside top of the door, as well the lower small screw that attaches the bottom of the door to the sill. Slide the door out away from the side jamb and then lift it out.

Thanks Paul

Question? What kind of mechanism attaches the bottom of the stationary door to the sill? What job does the small screw perform? I am confused? Does the small screw raise and lower some kind of tension-er?

Thanks!
A professional from California says:

That is a Guaranteed Products door. After removing the clips bottom sill cap, and any screws holding it in, I would start by tilting the outside panel up and away from the jamb at the bottom. That's usually the best way to loosen that door.<br />

That door tends to be tight in the height.

Profile picture of Paul
I believe the bottom screw attaches to an inside corner bracket to keep the door fixed. The door rail is hollow, so you can slide the door over the bracket. Once the door is out of the side jamb, you can lift it over the corner bracket.
A professional from California says:
Normally the small screw at the bottom secures a clip similar to the one at the top. Yours appears to be missing, (probably never installed or left off by the guy who fixed it last time) so I don't think the screw does anything.
Thanks for all the help folks!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.