Bi-fold snugger hardware

A home owner from Pasadena says:
This part is an original from a 1979 condo bifold louvered door. The plastic part is broken. I've gone to hardware stores and checked Amazon but no matches. I cannot find an identifying number or name anywhere plus top rail that the part fits into has been painted over. I don't want to replace the door because of a small part.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 9B4EBFAD-D726-4F9C-8819-64EBFD035F43.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 0B3828E8-AA8B-413B-9BD6-90E97EB79E77.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named D72A4596-1D63-4A1F-AC58-3A6A8EECEA3C.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 4E3A9559-AD9C-44FB-BF08-D34D6F203CE1.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named D851A152-C533-4650-8670-00C186ADC7AC.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi there!

We don't have an exact match, but take a look at our 23-229. Look over our dimensions and compare them to yours to see if this matches up for what you need.

Dimensions for 23-229
Dimensions for 23-229
Hi Emily,
Thanks so much for your research on this. I think it's pretty close. However I can't tell on your 17/32 measurement if it includes only the round part. So I've attached another photo of my rail it inserts into to see if your part will be right. If the photo isn't clear enough, I think the rail opening is 3/8". Thanks again.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 720CFCBB-D604-4B5A-9BD3-EDA9E16B060F.jpeg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

What I did was to measure were the "grooves" would snap into the bifold track. I'm coming up with 7/16" which should be good since you say your track is 3/8". You want this part to snap into the track at the top and not fall out. 

I do think it is actually the closest part I believe available to your original. If you have any doubts, you can see our return policy here. That may give you peace of mind.

Thanks for your help- I just made an order.
Bi-fold Door Repairs
Bi-fold Door Repairs
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.