Bought wrong 1 1/4" T-Lock balance shoes open cam.

A home owner from Midlothian says:
I bought 50 of the 15-195B as they appeared to be the right size, but the body is too deep for the hook to go behind the connector bar.

I have about 30 double hung windows (~120 shoes) in a house I bought almost 2 years ago, and many (most/all?) have broken shoe hooking points. The house was built about 15 years ago.

In the attached pictures, the shoe on the left is the 15-195B and the one on the right are the originals. The balance also has a grove which prevents the body of the shoe to fit.

Please help identify the proper replacement part.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220526_185309.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220526_185319.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220526_185451.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220526_184047.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220526_185259.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! We sell the 15-236 T lock shoe, which has the same deep indent on the stem as your original. The downside is that we currently can only supply this with a closed cam, not an open cam like your original. Look it over and see if you still want to give it a shot.

A home owner from Midlothian says:
Is there any good means to determine if the closed cam will work properly/sufficiently besides after purchase and install?

I assume the closed cam will limit the length of the extension that fits into the hole, but I would not know how much distance is lost by the closed cam... or if other factors require open vs closed.

Thank you.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

There is unfortunately not an easy way to gauge that, no. In all honestly your pivot bar may be a little too long for the 15-236, but this is one of those things that you won't know for sure unless you try it. In a worst case scenario, adjustment of the position of the pivot bar on the sash may be necessary, or even grinding down the tip that fits into the cam. 

I am sorry that I can't offer you an easier solution. The only other option we have is to replace the entire balance with our Series 795 and use the 15-195B that you already purchased on that, since they are compatible.

A home owner from VA says:
Fellow Homeowner, did you end up buying the 15-236 T lock shoe closed cam? If so, did it work for your window? It looks like we have the same exact original shoe that you do and I'm wondering if the closed cam would work for my window too.
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.