Brad Hakins / Need help identifying this casement crank operator

A home owner from USA says:
I saw the 39-382. The outter arm is 6 1/2 on center to the holes. Ours is like 5 1/2" here are the photos. Any questions, please email me and I will get right back to you. Thank you so much.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230209_101414.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230209_101544 (1).jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230209_101544.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230209_101418.jpg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out to us. Unfortunately, we've been unable to find a replacement operator that has the same size arm that you need. 

To tell the truth, I think your best bet is to use a new operator but to use the old link arm on the new assembly. The problem is that this can take a bit of handiwork and can be intimidating if you've never done anything like that before. What you need to do is drill out the link arms from both operators, then install the old link on the new operator using the 62-014 rivet. 

This can be done by placing the "elbow" of the arm on a metal plate, then hammering the 62-014 until the skinny end mushrooms out and locks it in place. Hopefully that makes sense.

Another possible option is to reposition the attaching bracket on the sash to compensate for the difference in arm size, but my concern is that the window still may not close properly. Still, it's less work than swapping the arms out and may be something you want to consider.

Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.