Broken Pivot bars--need replacement

A home owner from USA says:
Attached pic shows my broken bar beside two samples. Sample 26-398 at bottom of pic hole placement would work but it flares at end end. The 26-360 is flat but the hole placement us wrong. Anything else that might match better? Thanks
User submitted a photo of pivot bars.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Is there any way we can see an undamaged version of your old pivot bar? At the very least, can we see the two broken halves together? Finally, can you also show me a picture of the pivot shoe in which the bar fits? That might help u s find a good match. Thanks!

Also, keep in mind you only need to use the same hole as what you used before. I could be wrong, but it looks like the break off point for your old pivot bar is right at a hole that matches up to the top most hole of the 26-360. Perhaps that is the only hole that needs to match. Something to consider.
A quick learner from Fort Dodge IA says:
I don't have a whole one. I can send a pic of the underside of a window with pivot bar intact if you think that would help. Let me know.
Do you have any bars that don't have the fluted (or ridge ends)? These don't want to side into the area so we would have to grind them down or force them into the area where bars slide into.
Thanks for your input.
Jo

Profile picture of Paul
At this point, I think it would be best to see the pivot shoe and a pivot bar that is as intact as possible. Let me know!
A quick learner from Fort Dodge IA says:
Am attaching pic of pivot bar on a window and a pic of a replacement part which includes the shoe.

Do you have anything you think would work for pivot bars for the Capital 455 windows?

Thanks for your help!
Jo
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul

Thank you. This looks like our 15-195 shoe. This most commonly works with our 26-021, but the problem is still whether the screw hole lines up with your old one. The offset of the first screw hole in the 26-021 is 1-3/8". What is that same dimension for your pivot bar?

Alternate image for 26-021
Alternate image for 26-021

Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window pivot bar
How to replace a window pivot bar
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.