12 03-13 Low-E
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0289.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0290.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0292.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0304.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0305.JPG
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. What exactly in your window is broken? If it's the casement operator, could you show it to us removed from the window, with link arm(s) in full view? We can help narrow down a possible replacement from there. Many thanks. 

A quick learner from Philadelphia, PA says:
Hi,

Basically, the right (left from outside) window itself was pushed into the panel by us. The window is not connected/hooked into the panel so currently, it does not open and close. It is kind of hooked into the panel. I will provide more photos when I get home tonight.

Kenny
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks, Kenny. More pictures of the problem area would be a big help. I'm also a little confused by your terminology. What is the panel in this case? Are you referring to the sash? This is the part of the window that physically swings out when you crank the operator.

Could the operator be the issue? Has that come disconnected from the sash? Please get back to us and let us know!

Yes. Sorry I'm struggling with the window terminologies and not familiar with these things. The window is in the sash but it is simply placed in it to prevent air from leaving and entering the house. The operator is not connected to the sash/window, if that makes sense and honestly we have no idea what parts are missing and are there as this was caused by previous tenants that lived in our house before us. Hope that helps.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Okay. So it sounds like the operator disconnected from the sash and the hardware that was used to keep them connected was lost long ago. That's a big help, and definitely something we can work with.

If my eyes don't deceive me, it also looks like the hinge is missing, though I'm not sure.

With that in mind, let's try to identify the operator first. If possible, please remove it from the window entirely and show me one clear picture of the whole mechanism in one shot. I will especially need to see the ends of the long straight arm and the smaller hinged arm.

This will allow me to identify your operator, which will in turn will lead me to a list of parts you can use to get this connected to the sash again.

In the meantime, I recommend watching a few of our tutorial videos. These will shed a little more light on how this hardware works and what you can look out for.

Hi,

Hope these help.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0304.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0305.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0419.jpeg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for the additional photos. Look and compare the parts we pulled up for your casement window: the 39-253L operator, the 39-107FK folding handle and cover and 39-546 stud bracket.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)