Broken Window Strings

A quick learner from West Berlin, NJ says:

I have 2 windows that won't stay open. The identifying mark on the window is 28cHD and 28DHD. No other markings on the window, probably installed in the 1970's.

Stacy

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 28 C HD.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 28 D HD.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hey, Stacy. I think we can help with this, but we'll need more information. That stamp isn't used used to identify the Series, it only tells us what the calibration of the spring is.

In order to identify this balance, I'll need a clear picture of the top, so that we can see how it installs in the track, and we'll need another clear picture of the bottom, so that we can make out whatever shoe, clip, hook, or whatever is attached at the end of the cord. I'd also like the exact length of the metal channel.

If it's possible, you may want to remove the balance from the window before you get this information. That will make it a lot easier. If you aren't sure how to do that, erfer to the video below. This features a similar balance system and how to properly remove it from the window.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.