Broken counterbalance: Windsor Window tilt-in double-hung

A quick learner from Knoxville, TN says:
Counter balance on upper sash came unriveted and also one of the plastic pulleys broke. Is stamped with 32RT and then sideways near the 32RT is stamped "BSI" and "PO"

Windows were installed in 2006.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20201027_105646.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 32RT
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hello there. Is the metal channel 33" long? If so, this looks like an S751-33 to me. Just make sure that the Knife-Lock shoe matches the one that comes installed by default to this balance (our 15-014). If it differs at all, let me know. You'll have to select a stamp option. Your old balance's stamp of 32RT might conform to our stamp option of 32R, which is for a window sash in the weight range of 15 through 24 pounds; but I advise obtaining your exact window sash weight to confirm this.

A quick learner from Knoxville, TN says:
Metal channel is 33-1/2". Your 32R is out of stock. Any idea of when it will be available?
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

If the balance is indeed 33-1/2" long, we can replace it, but it would have to be via a custom order. I think it's best to be thorough here just to be safe, especially since custom orders are not refundable. See the video below which details how to remove these ribbed channel balances. Show us a picture of the entire balance out of the window, as well as an up close picture of the knife shoe at the bottom. From there, we'll try and ID this for you. 

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)