Broken interior handle

A home owner from Baltimore says:
Handle could be 30 yrs old. Bought replacement. From the edge of the handle base to the center of the mounting screw holes on the new handle is approx 5/8", but on the old handle, it's only 1/4". The base on the new handle hits the frame of the door opening before the door is fully closed and before I can engage the lock.

The ID on the back of the existing handle is 7147-1 int. 7147-2 ext. I need an interior handle or an alt solution. I could see cutting the frame, but while I am pretty handy with home repairs, I would rather not do that.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200718_164830.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200718_164816.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200718_165144.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200718_165136.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200718_164833.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

This is a very, very old handle. I'm not 100% sure, but I think it might be an older Andersen door handle. Can you confirm that this is the company who made your door? 

If so, you could consider the more modern 88-013 (interior) and 88-014 (exterior) handles. Look them over and see what you think.

A home owner from Baltimore says:
Handle could be 30 yrs old. Bought replacement. From the edge of the handle base to the center of the mounting screw holes on the new handle is approx 5/8", but on the old handle, it's only 1/4". The base on the new handle hits the frame of the door opening before the door is fully closed and before I can engage the lock.

The ID on the back of the existing handle is 7147-1 int. 7147-2 ext. I need an interior handle or an alt solution. I could see cutting the frame, but while I am pretty handy with home repairs, I would rather not do that.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

It sounds like you have the older style handle, which we can't get a hold of anymore, unfortunately. It's just not made anymore. To use the newer style you would have to drill mounting hole in a different location, making sure you don't damage the glass or door frame. Another thought would be to contact an Anderson dealer in your area to see if they still have some the older handle left in stock, but that could be a wild goose chase. 

I'm sorry that we don't have anything better, this is just the only handle Andersen makes anymore.

How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.