Broken plastic piece by the window crank

A quick learner from Wheaton, Illinois says:
Hello,
We recently purchased our home in January 2019, and did not open windows until Easter Sunday. One of my daughters window the plastic that holds the wind crack is broken off at the end where the handle fits into the window hardware. I need the plastic part replaced and have no idea what it is called or a number on the part.
Thank you in advance for your assistance in this matter
Lisa
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thankks for writing in. See our 39-403 & 39-404. I can't be entirely certain these replacements will fit in your sill. Many customers reported it that it works just fine, but many also said they've needed to alter the sill trim a bit to install it. I can't say for sure if you'll need to. Take a look and see what you think.

A quick learner from Wheaton, Illinois says:
Thank you!! It is the piece. I have another question.. what is the difference between the two parts.. is one part for the right window and one door the left window .. when you open the crank on the window is on the opposite side than the one pictured

Thanks for the quick response
Lisa
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hi Lisa, you're correct. The only difference between the 39-403 and 39-404 is the handle placement. Your photo looks like it matches the 39-403. Hope this helps!

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.