Bubble or Foam seal? Other questions

A quick learner from los angeles says:
i am in need of your expertise. i am replacing the casements(a contractor is) that are swing in and wood. the mfg is Paramount windows. the weather stripping has to be done in the feild since the house is 80 years young and has some irregular measurements that will need to be adjusted for in the field. a quarter inch here or there. Which is the better choice of product to use? the bubble or the foam filled?

When making the routing for the insertion- how far into the window can you go? i do not want to see it from the outside.

When it comes to the corners, how do you treat this? Just cutting at the angle and fitting together?

Thanks for you help.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting on the discussion board.

In most occasions, wood casement manufacturers use the 58-170 Foam Filled Weather-seal,12ft on the sashes. The 58-053 or 58-055 can be used on the window stop.
A handy person from South Carolina says:
I have casement windows. The part I need to replace is around the outer edge where is closes to meet the frame. It has a grove to put the seal in. Most of the seals have rotted - due to beach weather - and broken off. The best I can tell the current seal does not have an off set and is not made of foam and appears to be approximatelly 1/4 inch out of the groove. The casements I assume is a very hard vinyl. Should I use the 58-053? Thanks for your help
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
The SWISCO product 58-053 weatherstrip is commonly used in casement windows.
A home owner from Illinois says:
I'm looking for a product similar to your 58-053 but with foam in the bulb, this is to provide a little better seal as winters are harsh around here and very windy.
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Currently the 58-053 is not available as a foam filled bubble. We have found the regular bubbles to be made of a stronger rubber and last longer than softer foam filled bubble seals.
A home owner from illinois says:
I need to purchase your 58-053 but it doesn't have the lenght on description of the product so I need about 60 feet of 58-053 how much will that be?
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
The Swisco 58-053 Bubble Seal is sold in 25' increments. For example, quantity 3 would equal 75'.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)