Bubble seal replacement

A home owner from USA says:
I purchase some replacement bubble seal for my casement window in 2011. The invoice identifies it as a 58-172 seal. This seal does not show up on your web site for weatherstripping.

58-171 does and so does a similar 58-055. I posted a concern on your post blog about difficulty fitting the 58-172 in the kerf channel. A Swisco person recommended clearing out the channel with a flat head screwdriver and using a little oil from a rag on the insert leg.

I haven't tried those sensible tricks yet but I would like to know if I need a different bubble seal. Are the channels a standard width that accommodate 1/8" legs with fins? Have you discontinued 58-172? Or was it a special order?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Yes, the 58-172 was discontinued and is currently not available. That said, our 58-170 is the new replacement and what we use in its place.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)