CAM PIVOTs

A home owner from Suffiedl, CT says:
I have a bunch of broken cam pivots. They look exactly like the nylon ones you have (2-151 & 26-152). Are the Zinc ones (26-150) the same thing only metal and therefore more durable?

Also, I can't determine the make of windows that I have (wood, single pain, DBL Hung, 9 over 6 true divided lite). Were these nylon pivots used by a particular manufacturer?

Thank you!
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for your question! The 26-151 and 26-152 nylon pivots are the same as the metal die cast 26-150. Some manufacturers use the nylon, while others use the die cast. The durability is almost the same since the molder uses a high strength nylon for our 26-151 and 26-152. I couldn't tell you the manufacturer since many wood window companies use both kinds. Is there a metallic AAMA sticker at the top of the window? That would give you the manufacturer's code number.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)