CLOSET DOOR TRACKS

A home owner from Grass Valley, CA 95949 says:
I am looking to replace these tracks. I don't need to part connected to the doors. They are for references to get a closer idea of the part I do need. I need the 3" brass colored floor track. Do you know where I might find this part?
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. We carry a few different closet door tracks; which you need will depend on whether your door's rollers have concave or convex wheels. For tracks that accommodate concave wheels, see our 23-270, 23-271, 23-272, or 23-273, depending on the size of the length you need. For tracks compatible with convex rollers, see the 23-240, 23-241, or 23-242. Let me know if you have any further questions.

A home owner from Grass Valley, CA 95949 says:
Here are pictures of the track and the roller connected to the bottom of the closet door. I can easily change out both if necessary. If this track is discontinued I can change the roller to match a new track system. I have no clue as to what is concave or convex. I do appreciate the help. Just bought the house and noticed the tracks were unacceptable. Old and gross. As you can see. Yikes. The doors are probably standard, I would suspect, and the hardware is interchangeable. If you know I will order what is needed. Shannon
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_8586.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named CLOSET TRACK.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hey Shannon. Concave means that the roller is indented or grooved inward around its edge, which allows it to run along a raised track. A convex roller, on the other hand, has a rounded, raised edge around its edge, which allows it to run in a groove on the track itself. It appears to me your track has a raised track and is thus for concave rollers, so see our 23-270, 23-271, 23-272, or 23-273

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)