Cabinet rear socket

A quick learner from USA says:
We have 1980s cabinet drawers in our kitchen. The rear socket broke as shown in the attached images. The socket was more like a pressure catch, as the slide was pressed between the top tabs and the bottom of the socket, and extended beyond the outside edge of the socket. Sort of wrapped around it, and under the two tabs.

I think a plain socket would work if you had something wide enough. The slide is 2 3/4" wide and 1/2" high. If there was a socket that would contain this slide, that would solve our problem.

The socket itself is 2
User submitted photos of drawer hardware.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting. Check out our 32-131 drawer slide socket and see if this can work as a replacement. If not, you can also consider our 32-063 drawer track kit. See the video below for instructions on how to install it.
A home owner from Medford says:
I thought this one might do the trick, but I think we would need two of them, side by side. Not sure if we positioned them that way, if the support/tab would line up with the slot. We can try I guess.

I'm guessing there is no plain socket that is 2 1/2 inches wide then.

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Elizabeth. I'm afraid we don't have an exact match for your original socket, no. The 32-131 appears to be the closest match we could find. You could always try the 32-063 if you don't think replacing just the socket would work. It's a very versatile and easy-to-install track kit that has been known to work in a wide variety of drawers.
A home owner from Medford says:
I ordered both. We'll see if we can't get the drawer fixed with one solution or the other. Thanks!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)