Can you identify this, and is this part necessary?

A quick learner from Cedar Hill, TX says:
On one of my windows this part is broken. Here are pictures of an intact one from a working window. I'm not sure what this part is, and I can't find one on your website. It is on the lower part of the window itself, whereas a top sash guide would be at the top. There are no markings anywhere on it. I don't know for sure what brand my windows are, but I think they may be Alenco, since the other parts I've replaced have been referenced on your site as being for Alenco windows.

Do you carry this part or something I can substitute for it? Your website is wonderful; I've found all the parts I've needed so far for my window repairs. I'm hoping you have this part as well!
A customer submitted photo of a clip.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting!

Unfortunately, I looked everywhere in our catalog and I couldn't really find anything close to this strange part. I think it might be a face guide, though I can't really be certain. Please take a look at our 67-002, Screw-On Face Guide.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 4-7 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at 856-317-6263 or at