Caradco DH clad wood window (1990) spring balances

A contractor from Dubuque, IA says:
I need some friction shoes and spring balances for several of my apartment units. I see the friction shoe but not the correct spring balance on your website. The springs are approximately 3/8" diameter with a spring loop at each end. Approximately 14, 17, and 20" long. Thanks, Steve.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hi Steve, thank you for posting. Could you send in some photos so we can better assist you in finding the correct parts?
A contractor from Dubuque, Iowa says:
Here are 2 photos of my Caradco spring balances.
User submitted a photo of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Ah, I see. Unfortunately, we cannot help you with this project. This is an old wood window balance that cannot be replaced in and of itself. Rather, you will need a new jamb liner entirely. I recommend contacting a local mill work that still makes wood windows, they should be able to help.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)