Caradco window crank

A quick learner from TN says:

Hi, i am trying to figure out where I can purchase these replacement cranks.

Or do I have to replace the whole window mechanism.

I just tried to close my window and the window crank did not grip and close it anymore. I had to push it in by hand.

The crank works to open but does not catch to close.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5871.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5872.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5873.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5874.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. It appears that the worm gear came out along with the crank handle. When that happens, it's a sign the entire operator has worn down and needs to be replaced. We can help you do this, but I will need to see a bird's eye picture of the entire operator removed from the window, including the link arm(s). From there, we can identify the right replacement parts. Many thanks.

A quick learner from TN says:
Here are the pics. Thats the best I can do. Can't really take it out. Need the window closed.
I hope this helps you identify the parts.
Thank you so very much.
Peter
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5878.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5879.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5881.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hi Peter. Take a look at our 39-155 & 39-156 Casement Operators, or our 39-030 & 39-031 Operators. Carefully compare both sets of operators with your old parts and see what matches closest. For a new cover and handle, the 39-107 and 39-205 will work with either set of operators. 

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)