Casement Hardware

A quick learner from USA says:

We need to replace the black plastic part (see photos) for this casement window made by Roto in Dec 1999. The lever arms/the space between the screw holes on operating system is 5".

If we have to replace the operating system fine, but the black plastic piece is broken/broken off track & that's what we really need.

The #'s on the inside of the operating system are:

US patent # 4505601 Canada pat# 1986 U.K. pat# 2135397

other numbers on there:


Any help?

User submitted a photo of a window operator.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
This black plastic piece is a slider on your casement window hinge, and I'm afraid it is not typically available by itself. You should consider replacing the hinge entirely. See our 36-013-10 hinge pair and see what you think. You might have to replace it on both the top and bottom to ensure that it works best. Make sure to watch the video below, as well.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)