Casement Window Lock Broke Off in Closed Position

A home owner from Philadelphia, PA says:
I have a casement window with a right handle that broke off in the locked position. I measured the fork from another casement window and it looks like it measures 1 5/8 inches. The broken lock measures 4 5/8" in height.

My questions are: how would I get the broken window open and would part number 38-095 be the correct part?

Lastly, I'm having a hard time finding someone in the Philadelphia area who fixes casement windows. Could you recommend someone? I viewed the video from your website and would try to fix it myself if I can get the window open.

Thanks for your advice.
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! The 38-095 may be a match, but it would greatly depend on how well our measurements match yours. As for how to remove the original, I would first try getting the handle back in there and doing your best to unlock it that way. If you can't manage with the broken handle, try a screwdriver. If neither works, you will need the help of a local professional. The only other solution would be to cut it off the window, and that is not an easy project at all.
A home owner from Philadelphia, PA says:
Thanks for your advice. The 38-095 description says the part is non-handed for use in left or right hand windows. Does that mean the handle can be turned around to fit either a left or right handed window?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Yep, that's correct!
How to Replace a Multi-Point Lock on a Casement Window [1080p]
How to Replace a Multi-Point Lock on a Casement Window [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to open a casement window that has a broken lock
How to open a casement window that has a broken lock
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.