Casement Window Locking Handle -

A quick learner from Sweetwater, TX says:
Greetings,

Redoing a home, love my Casement windows!!! No one can talk me out of them, I have them all opening and closing, and am getting ready to order 15 cranks from you.

I would also like to order the Locking handle to. I am in need of 4 Lefts and 4 rights.

Attached is one of these that are broken. Can you help me replace these? Feels like cast iron to me, but...it doesn't have to be the same, I will be painting them all to match, just looking for the right and left turned handle and hopefully with the ornate look above and below the installation holes. Thank you!!
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I would be happy to help you find a match for this lock, but I will need to see the part that has broken off. Do you have an undamaged version of this lock we can see for reference? Thanks!
A quick learner says:
Greetings Tom,

Forgive me for the untimely wait, attached is a picture of an unbroken lock. But, remember, these locks are over 50 years old, so there is a bit of wear at the end of the tooth. I do find that the locks that are not broken, work just fine with the wear.
Thank you for your help!!!

User submitted photo of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for the extra information. I actually don't believe your exact locking handles are still available. We do have the 38-165 and 38-166; their dimensions appear to be the same but they look a little different than yours. See what you think.
A quick learner from Rapid City, South Dakota says:
I suspect that I am looking for the exact same locking handle (for a Lustron home). I do not care if it is left-handed or right handed, as I assume there may be a neutral version would work. I was looking at part # 38-001. Do you think that would work for what I need? My dimensions are the same. Please let me know. Thanks!
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! Yes, it is possible that the 38-001 may work for you. If the dimensions are all the same then it's certainly worth considering. 

You can see our return policy here, just in case.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.