Casement window

A quick learner from Ohio says:
This picture is of the currently working casement window. The window was installed about 10 years ago and the company that installed it is no longer in business. There are no numbers or brand names visible. I'm looking to see if it's possible to replace the broken parts.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 8446EED3-C365-46A1-B465-4AD82834E44A.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. Looks like you have an old Roto style operator. Unfortunately, these have been discontinued and are no longer made. We still carry the operator itself, the 39-091 and 39-092, but not the bracket arms, and soon even the operators will be out of stock.

There are no known replacements at this time, but this was a very recent development and we're currently working on a possible substitute. I cannot guarantee if this alternative will work, but we have nothing else that may work. Let me go through each part you'll need, in case you're interested.

39-220 and 39-221 operators

39-114L handle

39-508 stud bracket

39-105 detach clip

So, basically the new 39-220 and 39-221 operators would install in the same spot as your old one. You will likely have to drill new holes for them on the sill.

The 39-508 stud bracket would snap into the hole on the top of the operator link arm, and the 39-105 detach clip would snap on from the bottom to secure it in place. You'd then drill new holes on the bottom of the sash in order to screw the 39-508 in place. Be careful not to hit the glass!

I want to stress that this is still an experimental solution. We do not have 100% confirmation that it works, though I have a couple other customers who are trying it out. I'm hoping they report back to us in the near future. Until then, I cannot confirm whether this new setup will work for you or not. I can only tell you that it's the only possible solution we've thought up.

The good news is, we can replace the hinge. See our 36-013-10. This will work fine as long as you replace the top and bottom at the same time.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)