Casement window part/hinge?

A contractor from Pennsylvania says:
The straight arm that attached the window frame to the window itself is broken where it mounts to the window frame. The part is plastic. Also window comes out of track that it's supposed to slide in as its opening the crank is fine. I believe this would be considered the hinge mechanism. The only marking I can see on it is a ROTO stamp on the broken plastic piece. And also the crank is stripped and won't grip the stud that act. Opens the window. It just spins
User submitted a photo of a window operator.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hello! I'm afraid that plastic part is not available by itself, however I'm confident we can help you replace the hinge itself. See our 36-013-10. Many of our customers have used this to replace the old Roto hinge in the past. However, you will need to replace both hinges on the sash. Having one old hinge and one 36-013-10 won't allow your sash to function properly. Fortunately, the 36-013-10 comes in a pair so you should be good to go.

Now, concerning the stripped out crank, there are a couple possibilities. The old Roto operator has a hex bore, though I'm not sure if your operator is "male" or "female." Roto has changed back and forth a couple times over the years. You could possibly pad out the "female" portion (whether it be in the operator or handle) with masking tape. I've done that myself in a pinch, though of course it's only a temporary measure. Ideally you'll want to replace the damaged hardware entirely. If the handle is the only thing damaged, and if it's "female," see our 39-224. This is what Roto uses today. If it's male, however, I'm afraid we can't replace it. They no longer make that version. If the operator itself is damaged, see our 39-091.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)